Kate Noreen is fearless. Ask anyone.
Prior to buying Mudpuddles, Kate had many years of experience running a variety of retail stores as a manager. So, when the time was right, she jumped at the opportunity to own and run her own store. Kate, after all, is the kind of person who jumps in and makes things happen.
Not many people can do what Kate has when it comes to making her store a community landmark, and offering a personal, delightful shopping experience for her customers.
Topics Discussed in this Podcast
- Cultivating an enthusiastic, effective team
- Building relationships with your community
- When the right time to start your own business is
- Competing with the likes of Walmart, Amazon, and Target
- Choosing what toys and books to stock
- Store design
- Creating an excellent customer experience
- Financing a small business, building relationships with a bank
You can find more Kate and her business, Mudpuddles Toys and Books at https://mudpuddlestoys.com/ and at 16420 SW Langer Dr, Sherwood, OR 97140
She also recently bought Child’s Play, located at 2305 NW Kearney St, Portland, OR 97210